ROCKWOOL PIPE COVER INSULATION
Pipe insulation materials are used to retard the flow of heat energy by reducing heat loss or gain from pipe work and also as acoustic insulation. Adding pipe insulation will keep the heat in your heating system. It will reduce the amount of energy you use to heat your water and hot water will stay hotter for longer. Wrap the insulation round your pipes and you will notice the difference straight away.
Rock wool was discovered on the islands of Hawaii, where it occurs naturally as a by-product of volcanic activity at the beginning of the 20th century. Rock wool in its manufactured state has non-directional fiber orientation and the unique characteristics of stone. Rock wool (also known as mineral wool or stone wool) is manufactured from molten rock in a furnace through which a stream of air or steam is blown at temperature of about 1600 C. The final product creates a mass of fine, intertwined fibers which may contain binder and an oil to reduce dusting. When pressed into rolls and sheets their ability to partition air makes them excellent heat insulators and sound absorbers. The insulation is produced in a variety of densities according to format and function.
Rock wool type insulation have excellent fire resistant properties. they have a melting point about 1170 Centigrade. This fire resistant ability gives it a huge advantage over insulation products like foam, fiberglass and cellulose that would burn at much lower temperatures. Rock wool products are often used for fire blocking applications, insulating around chimneys and fireplaces and situations where the insulation needs to be left exposed.
Rock wool insulation also has excellent water and moisture resistant properties. It will not absorb water and does not rot, promote mildew, fungi, or bacteria, or sustain vermin.
Rock wool insulation is dimensionally stable. Rock wool insulation products maintain their shape really well. This is extremely important in situations where a snug fit is all that keeps the insulation in place.
- Masonry cavity walls,
- Timber frame walls,
- Roof rafter insulation,
- Loft and suspended floor insulation,
- Acoustic separation of flats,
- Other sound deadening applications
- Retains dimensional stability over time,
- R-value unaffected by moisture,
- Water repellent yet vapor permeable,
- when thoroughly dried, will maintain the original performance characteristics,
- Completely resistant to rot, mildew, mold and bacterial growth,
- Does not induce corrosion,
- Can withstand temperatures up to 1200C,
- Does not contribute to the development and spread of fire or the release of toxic gases,
- Effectively reduces airflow and sound transmissions,
- Absorbs acoustic waves and can reduce the intensity and propagation of noise.
- Production emissions are within UK legally defined limits,
- Though mineral wool is no longer classified as a skin irritant,
For your inquiry and other concern and for fast transaction, you may call us at our hotline # 0963 1631840.
Happy Shopping....!!! 😊
We have a wide range of Insulation and Construction materials… We can definitely help you serve your needs…
Office Address: 18 Horizon St., SSS Village, Concepcion 2, Marikina City
Telefax: (632) 72163280 / 89974032 Viber: 09631631840 / 09175530994
Facebook page: facebook.com/ritemore
Email Ad: firstname.lastname@example.org